Quotes on "Agile"
My definition [of agile] is that you accept input from reality, and you respond to it - Kent Beck
An agile manager must: manage & deal w/ risk, be results oriented, have high energy, be a team player, have multi-tasking ability, be improvement oriented, listen first and speak second - Lee Henson
- A project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation
- A leadership philosophy that encourages team work, self-organization and accountability
- A set of engineering best practices that allow for rapid delivery of high-quality software
- A business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals
- Mike Cottmeyer / Jon Strickler
Deliver Frequent Releases, Empower Teamwork, Inspect and Adapt, Build Quality In - Karl Scotland
Agile != following steps, Agile != tools training
Agile = individuals & interactions, Agile = Collaboration & Teamwork
Agile = Environment Matters! Agile = learning from experience
Agile=reflection, Agile is an adjective not a noun!
- Rachel Davies (Agile 2007)
Agility might be said to be about encountering all the problems so early and so often that the effort to fix them is less than the pain of enduring them. - Ron Jeffries
Note: where I can, I've credited or linked the source of the quote. Finding the source of a quote is like chasing a ghost. When a mentor says something witty, you might not know they are quoting someone else. If you are aware of a more appropriate source for any quote, PLEASE put a comment on the post and I'll do what I can to validate this. I mean no disrespect to anyone. I believe the risk of incorrect citings is outweighed by the value of sharing these wonderful nuggets.