The Principles of Common Sense Project ManagementAdditionally:
Common Sense is not common; otherwise more people would have it !!
- The process of Project Management is basically the same on EVERY project; it is the intangibles that make the difference in the success of the project.
- LEADERSHIP is not synonymous with Project Management.
- CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING is essential to Project Management. The SIMPLEST answers are usually the best one.
- If you are not part of the SOLUTION, then you are part of the PROBLEM.
- Bad news is not like an expensive bottle of wine; it DOES NOT get better with age.
- Communication should never be MANAGED from stakeholder to stakeholder.
- Of all of the project constraints … TIME controls the Cost, Quality, SOW (Statement of Work) and Customer Satisfaction.
- It is better for your project, if the TECHNICAL EXPERT is not the Project Manager.
- Your TEAM is the most important resource you have on a project.
- Documented Lessons Learned are MANDATORY after the closure of a Project.
Copyright © 2009, A.Sloan Campbell, MBA, PMP, P.Mgr, F.CIM
if you don't have time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over? - Tim Bidlack PMP