In parallel to the previous bullets:
- our cards on the wall have not been restricted to 5. BUT, the good news is that every time we go over 5 the team yells penalty at the CEO (the product owner) and requests that we swarm on existing cards before moving to new ones. The intention is there. (improvement!)
- the CEO is doing a better job of throwing things into the queue as we pull instead of having a weekend brainstorm and puking out a whole new set of priorities on Monday morning (improvement!)
- Our standups are more efficient and effective. At first I thought we were missing things because less was said and we ended early, but I'm slowly growing confidence that we are simply focusing on the correct things, consolidating topics into single threads, and reducing the noise. (improvement!)
- We are definitely focused on the "what" now instead of the "who".
- Standups are easier to follow for outsiders (if desired)
- It is easier to see where things are getting delayed
So far, a success. I guess I am now a heretic for morphing the standing meeting away from the 3 questions per person. I can live with that.