- Independent – so that it can be reprioritized without dependencies
- Negotiable – a starting point; everything cannot be known up front
- Valuable – the story should communicate value to a user or customer, not the tasks or deliverables
- Estimable / Small – fits into one or two sprints for confident estimation and management.
- Testable – There has to be a way to verify you have delivered that value, if not with a true test or metric, then with an acceptance test by the customer.
Friday, November 7, 2008
INVEST in your backlog...
Backlog Items are a unit of work with end to end business value being planned, implemented, and delivered through our process. They should attempt to be: