Monday, August 2, 2010

Agile 2010 Talk: Agile Transitions- Cannonball and Stealth Approaches Exposed/Compared

Description: You've discovered agile and are excited! You are a leader within your team or company. Your next question is "How do I ignite this fire and get agile to take root in my organization?" After experiencing two extreme opposite transitions, I will tell the story of these approaches along with their successes, failures, and lessons learned. One transition occurred in a regulated global 50 company including offshore teams which dove headfirst into Scrum and XP within 3 months. The second is a stealth transition in a small .com startup company that is still ongoing after 3 years.

Time: Wednesday, 11 August 2010, 11:00 - 12:00

I've finished my slides and just have to do a few practice runs. If you are interested in this topic, then I'd really love to have you in the audience! I'm going to set up the talk with an overview of the two company environments and how each affected the potential of an agile transition. I'll then tell both stories, and end with the lessons learned from both. I've put a lot of planning into this one, so it will definitely be one of my best talks yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment